AT&T Safari 3182
The AT&T Safari 3182 was a re-branded NEC Versa 75E, and was likely released sometime in mid-late 1994. It was basically the same computer as the 3181, but with a 75MHz intel 80486 DX4 Clock tripled CPU. It differed from the NEC due to recoloring of the keyboard bezel and screen bezel to a lighter shade of gray, and turquoise power/standby buttons.
The AT&T Safari 3182 was released at the same time as the NEC Versa 75E series. As such, they are the same machine, just different colors.
- Intel 486 DX4-75MHz CPU
- Phoenix BIOS
- 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive, Removable to add an extra battery
- HDD "Versapak" in 250, 320, ,or 540MB Capacities
- WD 90C024 1MB SVGA Graphics with a choice of one of four screens
- 640x480 DSTN Color LCD, 9.4"
- 640x480 Active Matrix Color LCD, 9.4"
- Possibly both were availible with 3M MicroTouch Technology as well
- PCMCIA Type-II Slots x2
- 7.2v 3400 mAH Nickel Metal Hydride Battery with 4 hours of runtime (rough)
The 3182 would be the last AT&T laptop using the NEC PC-4xx Versa platform that would be sold under the product line "Safari", being replaced with the "Globalyst" branding.