AppleLink - Personal Edition
AppleLink - Personal Edition is a unique on-line service designed especially for users of Apple personal computers. It's your direct connection to the information and services you need to get the most from your Apple products. In addition, it offers a myriad of general-interest information, including news stories from around the world and the latest stock quotations.
With AppleLink - Personal Edition software, an Apple II or Macintosh computer, and a modem, you can join a nationwide community of Apple owners on this exciting, easy-to-use, and affordable service.
AppleLink - Personal Edition has two main divisions. The Apple Community features Apple-specific information services. You can get the latest, most accurate product details directly from Apple and our developer partners. Download public domain and demonstration software. Learn how to make the most effective use of your Apple hardware and applications. Take part in special-interest discussion groups, developer forums, and real-time conferencing with other Apple users.
But that's only half the story, because AppleLink also includes a General Services section that offers national and international news, stock quotations, airline schedules, on-line shopping, interactive games, general-interest clubs - even an electronic college. In short, AppleLink - Personal Edition adds an exciting new dimension to your Apple personal computer. It's your one-stop source for Apple information and fun.
- Apple Reference Library. Get detailed product information, or look up answers to your technical questions. Read contributed software reviews-and post your own. Find out about special-education software, the Apple Programmer's and Developer's Association (APDA), and more.
- Apple Forums. Join with other users in discussions about Apple II and Macintosh products and their development. Exchange information and helpful tips.
- Apple Software Center. Download public-domain and shareware programs covering a variety of special-interest applications.
- Apple Headquarters. Connect to Apple's Customer Relations group to ask a question or off er an opinion. Read press releases on new products and promotional programs. Chat with Apple employees at the "Apple Cafe." Purchase Apple T-shirts, mugs, and other specialty items.
- Industry Connection. Meet third-party Apple hardware and software developers. Try out demonstration versions of software, peruse product catalogs, and post questions to productsupport message boards.
- Apple University. Enroll in on-line courses to learn more about Apple hardware, programming, and applications.
- People Connection. Chat with other AppleLink members all across the country. Attend a lecture, bid at an auction, or socialize at an on-line party. Play trivia games or be a contestant in a game show.
- Financial District. Read today's stock market summary; check out the latest quotations from the New York (NYSE), American (AMEX), and Over the Counter (OTC) stock exchanges.
- Recreation Center. Play interactive games with one or more partners anywhere in the country. Get the latest entertainment and sports news. Find out which books are on the best-seller list-and share your own book and movie reviews.
- Club House. Make friends with people who share your interests, in subjects from photography to music.
- Learning Center. Get tutoring help with your homework. Learn a new subject by enrolling in an on-line course. Look up facts in seconds using a 20-volume encyclopedia that's updated regularly.
- News Room. Read the latest news and sports reports from Reuters, the Associated Press, and United Press International. Debate current issues with people all around the nation.
- The Mall. Stroll through an on-line mall and shop for over 200,000 name-brand products at discount prices. Send flowers to someone special. Plan a complete business trip or vacation: Check for the lowest airfares, then make flight, hotel, and rental car reservations.