Apple Newton MessagePad 2000
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Newton MessagePad 2000 is one of the later model PDAs from the Apple Newton family.
- 167.9 MHz StrongARM 32-bit RISC processor
- 3 MB Read/Write memory space (1 MB DRAM; 2 MB FEPROM) expandable to 8 MB (4 MB DRAM; 4 MB FEPROM)
- 480x320 transreflective DFSTN LCD display with 0.26mm dot pitch
- 16 levels gray scale
- Two Type II PCMCIA slots; 3.3 V and 5 V operation
- Universal AC/DC power adapter
- Rechargeable NiMH battery pack or four AA alkaline batteries
- 24 hours continuous operation with NiMH pack; 100 hours operation in Idle mode (display on, backlight off)
Resetting the Operating System
- On back of MessagePad 2000, use a pen (not the stylus) to press the Reset button for two seconds. If MessagePad 2000 is on, it restarts. If MessagePad 2000 is off, it turns on.
Important: Check the time in Date and Time preferences. (The clock in MessagePad 2000 might lose some time whenever the Reset button is pressed.)