Claris FileMaker Pro Server
Part of the FileMaker suite from Claris.
FileMaker Pro Server software offers database file sharing for faster multi-user performance over workgroup computing networks. FileMaker Pro Server will support up to 100 concurrent licensed FileMaker Pro users via a choice of protocols simultaneously, while delivering substantial performance improvements.
- Enhanced Performance/Scalability - Reduced network traffic and improved guest performance. Processes multiple tasks simultaneously. Supports up to 100 users per single file or up to 100 files per server.
- Compatibility - By using the same file formats, supports FileMaker users on Windows 3.1, 95 and NT as well as systems running Mac OS.
- Remote Administration - Enhanced database administration function allows a administrator to keep track of users and files on the network, check workload levels, and monitor and review network file operation.
- Minimum end user disruption - Users already running FileMaker 3.0 do not have to change or upgrade their software. FileMaker Pro 3.0 Server integrates seamlessly with existing 3.0 database solutions.
- Windows NT Specific Benefits - Supports multiple network protocols simultaneously: IPX/SPX and TCP/IP. Performance is approximately 60% faster than FileMaker Pro 3.0 peer-to-peer networking when conducting common database tasks.
- Macintosh Specific Benefits - Supports multiple network protocols simultaneously: AppleTalk, IPX/SPX and TCP/IP. Performance is significantly faster than FileMaker Pro 3.0 peer-to-peer networking when conducting common database tasks.