DayStar Turbo 040
NuBus based 040 processor upgrade card compatible with numerous models including Macintosh SE/30, Macintosh II, Macintosh IIx, Macintosh IIcx, Macintosh IIci, Macintosh IIsi (with adapter), Macintosh IIvx, Macintosh IIvi.
Released by DayStar Digital in 1993.
- The ROM Ver. Was 1.01 to 1.03 for the first Turbo 040. It can not be used for IIsi, IIcx, SE / 30 only for Mac IIci PDS.
- The Turbo 040 REV 2, which was partially improved in the next year of the REV 1 and became usable with the IIsi.
- The hardware has been greatly improved in REV 3 and it is fully compatible with Mac II, IIcx, SE / 30, etc.
- From REV 4, the board design has been completely redesigned, and the LSI has become cheaper. It is this type that is generally referred to as the late type. ROM Ver. 4.01 to 4.11 (final).
- May encounter compatibility issues with aftermarket ROM SIMMs. "It is known that the Daystar Turbo 040 maps its ROM into the $40880000 to $408A0000 address range, which will conflict with the beginning of the ROM disk image."