Hercules Stingray 128/3D
- High Performance 128-bit Alliance ProMotion-AT3D 2D/3D graphics & multimedia processor
- Advanced 3Dfx VooDoo Rush 3D texture map and pixel rendering engines with hardware triangle setup
- 6MB single-cycle EDO DRAM
- Fast DOS games performance
- 180MHz DAC for SuperStable refresh rates up to 200Hz
- High Performance/Wide Bandwidth hardware design
- High Performance Power Drive drivers for Windows 95
- Hardware accelerated video playback, color space conversion, scaling (with vertical and horizontal interpolation) and filtering for DirectDraw and DirectVideo compatible CODECs including Indeo Video Interactive, Cinepak, TrueMotion-S, and QuickTime
- Software player for MPEG-1 and MMX-optimized MPEG-2 (software DVD)
- 1600x1200 in 65,536 colors and 1280x1024 true color
- Fast DirectX 3a support for 2D/3D and video applications
- VESA DPMS, DDC 1, DDC 2B support for Plug-and-Play operation
- VMI connector for DVD and live video input
The Hercules Stingray 128/3D, Hercules' revolutionary 128-bit 2D/3D graphics and multimedia accelerator, combines three high-performance 3D graphics processors and 6 MB of super-fast EDO DRAM. 6 MB means there is no need to upgrade. The unique "single PCI slot" design offers:
- Powerful 128-bit 2D/3D graphics.
- Real time 3D in multiple windows at up to 60f/s.
- True Arcade 3D gaming.
- Smooth MPEG video acceleration.
The Hercules Stingray 128/3D integrates a 128-bit 2D/3D graphics processor and the 3Dfx Voodoo Rush "Arcade chipset" to deliver incredible 3D acceleration for the hottest 3D games, professional 3D applications, 3D authoring software and 3D World Wide Web browsing (VRML).
To ensure uncompromising compatibility the Hercules Stingray 128/3D supports all major 3D APIs for popular 3D games, including Microsoft Direct3D, 3dfx Interactive Glide, Argonaut Brender, and Criterion Renderware.
Industry Leading 3D Features for Great Games Performance
The Hercules Stingray 128/3D delivers outstanding 3D performance with pixel fill rates exceeding 40 million pixels per second. Experience a new level of 3D functions and 3D special effects with hardware features such as true divide-per-pixel perspective, advanced texture mapping, bilinear filtering, pre-computed MIPmap filtering, depth cueing, perspective correction, full lighting and fogging, alpha blending, full and compressed Z buffering support, flat shading and Gouraud shading. Hardware triangle setup helps optimize Direct3D support resulting in fast frame rates of console gaming on the PC platform. Handling the geometry setup in hardware off-loads a compute intensive bottleneck which first generation 3D accelerators left to software. See our quick course in 3D terminology for more information on these terms!
Smooth Motion Video
The Hercules Stingray 128/3D provides exceptionally crisp, clear, 30 frames-per-second full-screen/full-motion video playback. Smooth scaling, color space conversion, and 64-step bilinear filter with full line buffer deliver world class video quality.
- 128-bit Alliance Semiconductor AT3D graphics and multimedia engine
- Dual 3Dfx 3D-only graphics engines
- Full SuperVGA support - a one-card solution. VESA BIOS extensions in ROM.
- Refresh rates of up to 200Hz
- 6MB single-cycle EDO DRAM display memory and Z-buffer storage
- PCI Bus
- Standard VGA feature connector
- New VMI connector
- VESA DPMS, DDC 1, DDC 2B for Plug-and-Play support
* Refresh rates listed are the maximum values that can be achieved with monitors operating at compatible horizontal frequencies. Resolution, pixel depth and refresh rates are driver dependent and may not be available in all applications or operating systems.