The IRIX 6.5.2 release is a special event as it represents the first release to deliver both the maintenance (6.5.2m) and feature (6.5.2f) streams. This release marks the next major step in the implementation of the new release model.
In addition to approximately 550 fixes, IRIX 6.5.2 contains the following new hardware support and major software changes.
New Hardware Support in the Maintenance and Feature streams
- Flatpanel with 1600x1024 resolution for the SGI O2 product line
- 16 pipe graphics support
- Support for GSN network adapter
Major Software changes
Feature stream only
Maintenance and Feature streams
- AutoFS extended to use UNS for map information
- Support for DCShare application sharing extension
- Fibre channel support to Dmnet
- 3 new HP printer drivers
Share your opinion