InstallerMaker and its installers require a Macintosh with a 68020 or better processor. InstallerMaker requires System 7.1 or higher and 8 MB of RAM is recommended.
New Features in InstallerMaker 6.0
- New StuffIt technology provides up to a 15% compression increase
- PowerPC native for increased speed and performance, cutting build times in half
- "Try Out Installation Dialog" item on the Packages menu allows developers to test the installation dialogs without having to build and run the installer
- New Find Task provides easy ability to check for the existence of items on a user's system to make run time installation decisions using Install When conditions
- StuffIt 5.0 archives can now be expanded in network installers
- Custom installer icons can be set in the Installer Finder Info Options
New StuffIt Technology
InstallerMaker 6.0 now includes a new StuffIt compression algorithm that compresses installers up to 15% tighter. Increased compression reduces Internet download times for end users, provides added space on CD-ROMs or diskettes for distribution, increases hard disk space for fewer hardware upgrade needs, and increases network bandwidth.