Live3D extends Netscape Navigator 3.0 into the 3D realm. With this VRML (Virtual Reality Modeling Language) viewer, you can experience a rich new world of 3D spaces and interact with text, images, animation, sound, music, and even video. Its many groundbreaking new features include:
- High-performance VRML viewing - Live3D lets you access distributed 3D spaces rendered at maximum speed with adaptive rendering, background processing, hardware acceleration, and GZIP data compression.
- Animation - Live3D worlds can be full of objects with rich, lifelike behaviors.
- Navigation - Live3D makes it easy to navigate in 3D space by letting you walk, fly, or point. Selectable camera viewpoints, collision detection, and optional gravity add flexibility and realism to navigation.
- Multimedia - Live3D offers full integration with LiveMedia for streaming audio and video in 3D space.
- 3D Applications - Soon, you will be able to run 3D applications written for the Live3D platform. Examples include multiuser 3D games, chat environments, geographical information systems, authoring environments, interactive advertisements, online presentations, and database visualizations.
- Multiplatform-ready - Available with Netscape Navigator 3.0 for Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows NT, and Power Macintosh. Versions for 68K Macintosh and Unix are under development.