Number Nine Ticket to Ride
"Ticket to Ride" is Number Nine's third generation 128-bit chip. It integrates 128-bit 3D, 2D and MPEG playback technology into a single chip. The architecture of "Ticket To Ride" is an extension of the core technology used to power two previous generations of award-winning Imagine 128 graphics boards from Number Nine as well as numerous specialty board manufacturers. The "Ticket to Ride" chip supports up to 48-megabytes of various types of video memory, including WRAM, SGRAM and EDO VRAM / DRAM.
The "Ticket to Ride" features:
- A built-in 3D rendering engine which is tightly coupled to a 3D Floating Point Setup Engine for superior 3D performance.
- Support for perspective corrected texture mapping with bi-linear and tri-linear filtering.
- Up to 32-bit precision Z-buffering.
- An 8KB on-chip texture cache.
- Atmospheric effects for Specular Lighting, Interpolated Fogging and Alpha Blending.
- A 128-bit 2D drawing engine that can process graphics and video data at up to 1.56-Gigabytes/second.
- Full-screen, full-motion MPEG playback, supported by a dedicated 128-bit video engine for the highest possible video playback quality.
The "Ticket to Ride" provides the needed graphics processing power for high-octane, visually-intensive business and consumer applications. The punishing 3D requirements of Direct3D and OpenGL enabled applications, as well as multimedia and interactive video-based applications are fully accelerated by the technology built into each "Ticket to Ride".
"Ticket to Ride" is designed to drive the emerging class of personal workstations based on Intel's new Pentium II processor and is compatible with Intel's new high-speed Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP). Additionally, the chip is both 33-MHz and 66-MHz PCI enabled.
- 1.6 GB Per Second Graphics Memory Bandwidth
- PCI 33MHz, 66MHz and AGP capable
- 352 Pin BGA Package
- 0.35 Micron Standard Cell
- 128-bit Support for SGRAM, WRAM, or VRAM
- Memory Configurations to:
- 24MB SGRAM and WRAM
- 48MB DRAM/VRAM combination
- Texture processing
- Perspective Corrected Texture Mapping
- Tri-linear and Bi-linear Filtering
- 8KB on chip Texture Cache
- - Palletized textures: 4, 2, 1bpt
- - Non-Palletized textures: 32, 16, 8bpt
- Replace, Decal, Modulate, Blend Texture Modes