The OrangePC 550 model is the premium 12" compatibility card including 4 MB of video SGRAM, 512 KB of level 2 pipeline burst cache for superior performance, CPU upgradable to 300, memory upgradable to 256 MB, 3-D video and 3-D wavetable sound.
Using the CPUMark32 benchmark program, OrangePC is nearly 500% faster than any software solution. In addition the model 550 has real hardware based 3D video and 3D wavetable sound which cannot be duplicated by the software emulation products.
The OrangePC 550 now supports the industry's fastest processor - the AMD K6 233 MX. Combined with the increased 512KB level 2 cache, Orange Micro solidifies its claim to the highest performance for Mac-Windows compatibility.
- Your choice of Intel Pentium MMX 200-233 MHz, Cyrix 6x86 P166+ and 6x86 PR200 and AMD-K6 MMX 233 MHz. Pentium Pro and Pentium II processors are not compatible.
- RAM Specifications: two DIMMs; configurations allow any combination of 16, 32, 64 or 128 MB Macintosh compatible DIMMs for a total of 256 MB; 2K refresh, Fast-Page Mode, 70ns or faster, 5 volt DIMM, max. 1" height
- 4MB of dedicated video SGRAM
- 512 KB Level 2 pipeline burst cache
- SuperVGA on any Macintosh compatible Multi-Scan or Multi-Sync monitor
- High performance 2-D/3-D graphics video accelerator
- 4 MB SGRAM with a 64-bit, 75 Mhz memory interface
- Maximum resolution up to 1600 x 1200
- Maximum 24-bit color depth at 1024 x 768
- Vertical refresh rates as high as 85Hz
- Windows 95 or Windows NT included; Windows 3.1, AutoCAD, VersaCAD, VESA BIOS Extension supported.
- 32-bit drivers for Windows 95 or Windows NT
- Sound drivers DirectX compatible
- 3-D audio effects
- 16-bit stereo sound, 32 voice, 128 general MIDI instrument wavetable sound
- 16-bit Sound Blaster® compatible with sound in and out ports
- PC compatible game port
- Two 16550 UART compatible serial ports for use with printer, plotter, digitizer, modem or mouse
- One bi-directional ECP/EPP parallel port for use with printer, plotter or hardware protection key (dongles)
- One stereo sound-out jack, one stereo input jack for sound-in or microphone
- Runs Pentium compatible software
- OrangePC application disk and operating system: Windows NT or Windows 95
- Use Macintosh or PC SCSI devices connected to Macintosh, such as Zip, Jaz or SyQuest drives. Supports Advanced SCSI Programming Interface (ASPI) to access devices connected to the Mac SCSI Bus
- Use Macintosh SuperDrive (FDHD) as drive A: Read and write to either Macintosh or PC floppy disks in SuperDrive
- Use Macintosh hard disk to emulate hard drives C: and D:
- Shared 32-bit clipboard between Macintosh and Windows environments*
- Files can be accessed by both Macintosh and Windows environments*
- Read Macintosh or PC type CD-ROM disks from Mac CD-ROM drive using OrangePC 32-bit CD-ROM drivers; long file name support for Windows 95 CD-ROMs is included
- True dual processing; both Mac and Windows can run programs simultaneously
- Includes a 32-bit NDIS3 Ethernet driver for PC networking under Windows 95 and Windows NT. Simultaneous TCP/IP, NetBEUI and IPX/SPX protocols, independent of the Macintosh network, using the Mac built-in or add-in Ethernet card.
Hardware/ Software Requirements:
- Any PCI based Macintosh or Macintosh compatible computer with at least one available 12" PCI slot
- 2 MB of Macintosh RAM (OrangePC application uses less than 1.2MB)
- Apple FDHD and hard disk
- Extended keyboard is preferred