The OrangePC model 620 is a Windows compatibility PCI card from Orange Micro which adds an x86 processor and chipset to a Macintosh. This model allows for various CPU configurations by changing the dip switch settings.
The OrangePC 620 model is the ultimate affordable 7" compatibility card including up to 4 MB of video SDRAM shared from main memory, CPU upgradable to 300 MHz, memory upgradable to 128 MB, high-performance 2-D graphics video accelerator and sound emulated through the Macintosh sound hardware.
- Support for Intel Pentium MMX and classic Pentium 100-233 MHz processors, including the Cyrix 6x86, 6x86L, 6x86MX, M II PR166-300, AMD-K5 and K6 166-300 MHz, IDT WinChip C6 180-240 MHz processors.
- User upgradable Socket 7 ZIF, switch selectable CPU/bus multiplier and processor voltage from 2.13.5 volts
- DIMM slot allowing any: 16, 32, 64 or 128 MB Macintosh G3 compatible, 3.3 volt, unbuffered, 64-bit-wide, 168 pin, 100 MHz / 10 ns SDRAM. Maximum DIMM height is one inch.
- High-Performance 2-D graphics video accelerator, sharing main memory. Maximum resolution up to 1280x1024, maximum 24-bit color depth at 1024x768 and vertical refresh rates as high as 85 Hz.
- Female DB-15HD VGA video-out; Male DB-15HD VGA video-in; OrangePC Video Loopback cable connects the Macintosh video-out to the OrangePC video-in port
- Software emulated through Macintosh sound hardware
- 32 bit NDIS3 Plug and Play Ethernet driver for Windows 95
- 32 bit Windows 95 Plug and Play SCSI driver automatically detects OrangePC enabled SCSI devices connected to the Macintosh SCSI port, like Zip, Jaz, Syquest drives, Scanners, CD-ROMs, etc.
- PC serial/parallel ports COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3: can use Mac modem and printer ports under Windows 95
- Clipboard Exchange allows copy and paste of graphics and text between Macintosh and Windows applications.
- Snapshot enables OrangePC Windows 95 users to continuously monitor the background system environment like "Picture in Picture" on many TV sets.
- Shared Volumes allows both the Macintosh and the PC to share files on any volume mounted on the Macintosh desktop
- Any Power Macintosh with at least one available 7" PCI slot
- 16 MB of Macintosh RAM (OrangePC application uses less than 1024MB)
- Apple FDHD and hard disk
- System 8.0 or newer, Open Transport 1.3 or newer
- Extended keyboard is preferred
- Any MultiScan or MultiSync Displays
AMD K6-3 400MHz
S1=OFF S2=ON S3=OFF S4=OFF S5=ON S6=OFF S7=ON S8=OFF S-10=OFF S11=OFF S12=ON
AMD K6-2 400MHz
S1=OFF S2=OFF S3=ON S4=OFF S5=ON S6=OFF S7=ON S8=OFF S10=OFF S11=OFF S12=ON
AMD K6-2 300MHz
S1=OFF, S2=OFF, S3=ON, S4=OFF, S5=ON, S6=OFF, S7=ON, S8=OFF, S10=ON, S11=ON, S12=ON