Orange Micro PCfx!
The PCfx! is the ideal solution for the game-starved Mac market. With its powerful 3D accelerated video chip on-board, the PCfx! can not only run hundreds of standard PC games, but all the newest high-end 3D action games as well. Examples include Final Fantasy VII, Forsaken, Battle Zone, Turok, Quake II, S.W.A.T. 2, Moto Racer, Tomb Raider II and many, many more.
The key to the unparalleled performance of the PCfx! card lies in the on-board 128-bit NVIDA RIVA 128 video chip, and the 4MB SDRAM frame buffer. It is one of the most advanced Direct3D™ acceleration solutions available. It is especially fast in generating quality video for high-end 3D games with excellent 3D texturing and extremely high frame/rates.
PCfx! is a real PC laid out on a PCI card for the Macintosh. Along with its high performance 3D video chip and 4 MB video SDRAM, the PCfx! sports a 200 MHz Pentium compatible processor and 32 MB RAM, a full version of Windows 98® software and a PC game sampler CD with the most popular PC games.
- PCI Interface; user RAM expandable up to 128 MB (32 MB standard); 3D video accelerator chip; 4 MB video SDRAM
- Intel Pentium compatible 200 MHz; not user upgradeable
- DIMM slot allowing any: 16, 32, 64 or 128 MB Macintosh G3 compatible, 3.3 volt, unbuffered, 64-bit-wide, 168 pin, 100 MHz / 10 ns SDRAM. Maximum DIMM height is one inch.
- High Performance nVIDIA RIVA 128 2D/3D graphics video accelerator includes 4 MB SDRAM with a 128-bit, 100 MHz memory interface. Maximum resolution up to 1600 x1200 @ 75 MHz. DirectX 3D video support
- Female DB-15HD VGA video-out; Male DB-15HD VGA video-in; OrangePC Video Loopback cable connects the Macintosh video-out to the OrangePC video-in port, to facilitate a shared Mac monitor
- 32 bit Windows 98 Plug and Play driver; Wave, MIDI and DirectX sound emulated through the Macintosh sound hardware
- PC serial/parallel port driver: COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3 can use Mac modem and printer ports under Window 98.
- 32 bit Plug and Play SCSI driver automatically detects OrangePC enabled SCSI devices connected to the Macintosh SCSI port, like Zip, Jaz, Syquest drives, Scanners, CD-ROMs, etc. under Window 98.
- 32 bit NDIS4 Plug and Play Ethernet driver for Windows 98
- Emulated Joystick Support
- Clipboard Exchange allows copy and paste of graphics and text between Macintosh and Windows applications.
- Enables OrangePC Windows 98 users to continuously monitor the background system environment like "Picture in Picture" on many TV sets.
- Allows both the Macintosh and the PC to share files on any volume mounted on the Macintosh desktop
- A single 12" x 4.2" PCI PCfx! card
- Easy Install CD for Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows 98
- OrangePC Video Loopback cable
- 2 Macintosh video adapters
- Any Power Macintosh with at least one available 12" PCI slot
- 16 MB of Macintosh RAM (OrangePC application uses less than 1024K)
- 300 MB free hard disk Space
- System 8.1 or newer, Open Transport 1.3 or newer
- Extended keyboard is preferred
- Any MultiScan or MultiSync Display
- The Blue G3 must have Power Macintosh G3 Firmware Update version 1.0.2 installed.