Patch 5613 : Kernel rollup for 6.5.22m
This patch replaces the following patches:
5430, 5498, 5544
This patch has no known incompatibilities
This patch fixes the following bugs:
896211 - Odd Behaviour using large memory on 256BGyte 256 CPU system 901919 - Processes unnecessarily getting killed for memory deadlock 902878 - improve page selection for memory swapping on SN systems 902946 - pthread_cond_signal and pthread_cond_timedwait does not wake up thread 903759 - patch request for 6.5.22 for bugs 901919 902878 906636 - XFS internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO at line 4472 of file ../fs/xfs/xfs_bm 907303 - satd generates bogus records when sat_select is used to filter out events 907407 - PANIC: CPU 20: init died (why = 3, what = 0xb) 908344 - Patch request for pthreads bug 902946 909279 - panic due to null queue in cpuset_vhand semaphore 911103 - chunk_vflush() not working leads to sptalloc() and setsxbrk() hangs 911471 - Patch Request for bug#907407 912126 - Patch request for buffer cache fixes 912601 - corrupted binary can crash the system in mapelf32exec() 912697 - Patch request for bug#912601 914420 - security flaw in syssgi/SGI_IOPROBE 914545 - Patch Request for bug#914420
This release note describes patch SG0005613 to IRIX 6.5.22m.
Patch SG0005613 replaces patches SG0005544, SG0005498 and SG0005430.
This patch contains bug fixes for all platforms.
This patch contains bug fixes for IRIX 6.5.22m (1289434520). The software cannot be installed on other configurations.
Patch 5613 Fixes:
- Bug #907303-satd generates bogus records when sat_select is used to filter out events
- Bug #909279-panic due to null queue in cpuset_vhand semaphore
- Bug #914420-security flaw
Patch 5544: Fixes:
- Bug #906636-XFS internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO at line 4472
- Bug #907407-PANIC: CPU 20: init died (why = 3, what = 0xb)
- Bug #911103-chunk_vflush() not working leads to sptalloc() and setsxbrk() hangs
- Bug #912601-corrupted binary can crash the system in mapelf32exec()
Patch 5498 Fixes:
- Bug #902946-Pthread condition variable signal/wait race causes hangs (also requires Pthreads library patch 5524 or later)
Patch 5430 Fixes:
- Bug #896211-Odd Behaviour using large memory on 256BGyte 256 CPU system
- Bug #901919-Processes unnecessarily getting killed for memory deadlock
- Bug #902878-improve page selection for memory swapping on SN systems
This patch release includes these subsystems: