Riverstone RS 3000
Layer 3 type switch by Riverstone Networks.
Riverstone’s RS 1x00 and 3x00 access routers extend Ethernet/IP service delivery to the metro access, feature MPLS, high-performance routing and switching, and dynamic on-demand bandwidth provisioning. At the same time, their combination of a compact form factor and high port density saves operational costs and improves service provider margins. The key to the product family’s popularity is its unique ability to deliver Ethernet/IP services over Ethernet, TDM, ATM, CWDM or SONET/SDH networks. The RS 3000 and 3100 feature two flexible linecard slots and 32 10/100BaseTX fixed RJ-45 ports. The RS 3200 features two flexible linecard slots and 32 SFP based 100BaseFX ports. The RS 1000 and 1100 feature two flexible linecard slots for lower density applications.
- Extend Ethernet/IP/MPLS services to the metro edge
- Create VPLS, E-line & E-LAN services
- Enable Fiber-To-The-Premise triple-play services (video, voice and data)
- Deliver Ethernet services over copper or optical infrastructure - Gigabit and 10/100 Ethernet, T1/E1, T3/E3, ATM, CWDM and Packet-over-SONET/SDH
- Riverstone RS 3000/3100/3200 Switch Router Getting Started Guide - Release 22.214.171.124
- Riverstone RS 3000 Switch Router Getting Started Guide
- https://preterhuman.net/forum/index.php?topic=43.0 - Re-imaging a Riverstone RS 3000