Sequential Systems Q-System GS
Q-System GS is a fully automatic intelligent printer sharing system capable of interfacing up to eight computers to a single printer or plotter.
Q-System GS is buffered with internal memory and print data is spooled simultaneously from all ports.
Computers using Q-System GS may be of virtually any type provided a serial printer port is avialable.
Print spooling and queueing are transparent to both user and application software.
Built in printer translators are helpful in cases where driver software is not available for a particular printer.
Q-System GS features:
- Fully automatic operation; no switches or controls to operate
- 256K standard buffer, expandable to 4Megabytes using SIMMS
- Variable time-out (15 seconds to 90 seconds)
- Automatic form-feed insertion maintains page alignment
- Built-in printer translators provide printer/software cross-compatibility
- Rugged plated stell enclosure
Q-System GS Technical Specs:
- Processor: Z80B running at 6MHZ
- Buffer: 256K expandable via SIMMS to 4Megabytes DRAM
- I/O: Eight RS-423 serial ports on mini-8 type connector (Macintosh pinout) plus one Centronics type parallel output
- Power: 5VDC wallpack (provided) 2A maximum
- Dimensions: W10" X H2.25" X D7"