Sequential Systems Q-System GSII
The Q-System GSII is a fully automatic intelligent printer sharing system capable of interfacing up to eight computers to a single printer or plotter. The system is buffered with internal memory and print data is spooled simultaneously from all ports.
Computers using Q-System GSII may be of virtually any type, provided a serial printer port is available.
All ports are software configurable and are capable of serial data speeds up to 57,600bps. Five of the eight ports may be configured for use on AppleTalk networks making cross platform network printing possible in some applications
Print spooling and queueing is transparent to both user and user's application software.
Q-System GSII features:
- Fully automatic operation: No switches or controls to operate
- 8 general purpose RS-423 type serial ports support 300bps to 57,600bps and are individually software configurable. Ports 1-5 are AppleTalk compatible.
- 512K standard buffer, expandable via SIMMS to 4 megabytes.
- Variable time-out (from 15 seconds to 90 seconds)
- Automatic form-feed insertion maintains page alignment
- Built in printer translators provide printer/software cross-compatibility.
- LED indicator shows system activity and status.
- Rugged plated steel enclosure.
Q-System GSII Technical Specs:
- Processor: Z80H running at 8MHZ
- Buffer: 512K to 4Megabytes of DRAM SIMMS
- I/O: Eight RS-423 serial ports on mini-8 type connector (Macintosh pinout) plus one centronics-type parallel output.
- Power: 5VDC wallpack (Provided). 2A maximum draw.
- Dimensions: W10" X H2.25" X D7"