Please consider a donation to the Higher Intellect project. See
Donate to Higher Intellect
page for more info.
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Newer edit →
TechWorks Power3D Mac
Revision as of 02:09, 30 October 2020
2,289 bytes added
02:09, 30 October 2020
Created page with "
===Overview=== Upgrade your PowerPC to a Power Arcade! The Power3D card..."
Upgrade your PowerPC to a Power Arcade! The Power3D card is dedicated to bringing you the best performance available for MacOS 3D games. Most 3D computer graphics solutions try to be all things to all people. No compromises here. Power3D is designed for one thing only and that is great games. This is truly the most awesome gaming card available on the Mac! Power3D delivers the best gaming experience ever.
The Power3D does not replace your existing 2D graphics, it works with your existing graphics card or built-in video to provide you the absolute in 3D performance. Install the Power3D in your PowerPC (requires one available PCI slot in your system) and use the provided pass-through cable to turn your PowerPC into a Power Arcade system!
===What Power3D can do for your Mac....===
* Turns your PowerPC into a Power Arcade!
* Provides full-screen 3D acceleration
* Supports up to 32,000 (16-bit) colors
* Supports 640x480 full-screen resolution
* Easy install - works with existing 2D video
* Works on any PowerPCs with a [[PCI]] slot
* Supports [[QuickDraw 3D RAVE]] games
* Exclusive - native 3Dfx Glide API support!
* Bi-linear filtering smoothes blocky textures
* Anti-aliasing eliminates "jagged" edges
* Perspective correction enhances realism
* MIP mapping eliminates texture "sparkling"
* Gouraud shading enhanced lighting effects
* Z-buffering adds depth to 3D objects
* Alpha blending for fog and translucency
* Texture compositing reduces 3D "pop-up"
* 45 megapixels/sec. sustained polygon fill with all 3D features enabled!
* Over 1 million triangles per second throughput on filtered, mip-mapped, Z-buffered, alpha-blended, fogged, textured 25-pixel triangles
* In addition to QuickDraw 3D RAVE, supports 3Dfx native MacGlide API that enables games to access additional 3Dfx features plus enhanced game performance
* MacOS 7.5.3 or greater
* PowerPC with at least one available PCI expansion slot (except "all-in-one" systems)
* 32MB RAM
* CD-ROM drive
* Hard disk
* 640x480 multi-sync color monitor
* [[3dfx Interactive]]
[[Category:Video Cards]][[Category:PCI Cards]]
Retrieved from "
Higher Intellect Home
OMGWTFBBQ Tech Blog