Take flight in this pure action game that should come with a barf bag! Climb into Terminal Velocity now and you'll never go back to flight simulators that offer combat as an "option." Terminal Velocity IS combat! And without the difficult controls presented by all flight simulator style games.
Created by the former lead programmer of Microsoft Flight Simulator, Terminal Velocity features a fast frame rate, realistic outdoor environments, and the unique ability to fly through tunnels and into underground caverns. Quite simply, Terminal Velocity is all about action, speed and destruction.
Terminal Velocity comes on CD-ROM only (the floppy disk version has been discontinued and is no longer available.) This version has everything: 70 Megs of 3D rendered cinematics, SVGA (640 by 480) support, high resolution replacement textures (add 16 times the graphics detail!), the BONUS planet!, eight network player support, and bonus games. Click Here for 3D Realms ordering information.
THE TERMINAL STORY
In the far future, armadas from surrounding systems have suddenly waged war on Earth, destroying crucial installations and major cities, Earth is quickly brought to its knees. You are a pilot from the Ares Squadron, flying the fastest, most dangerous crafts ever made. Currently, you're in the TV-202, a fighter few can handle. Given that the previous model, the TV-101, has chalked up more dead pilots than any experimental craft in history, many consider you lucky to be alive. You're outgunned, outmanned, and strapped into a flying coffin. But just think how good "Saved the Known Galaxy" will look on your resume'.
A RUSH OF FEATURES
- Fast texture mapped 3D flight with full 360 degree movement.
- 9 totally unique planets, with 3 levels per planet, and dozens of tunnels!
- Over 400,000 sq. miles of terrain--incredibly large levels.
- 7 descructive weapons, plus other power-ups.
- Non-stop air-to-air and air-to-ground realistic combat.
- SVGA support (640 x 480 resolution). This is a Pentium-recommended mode.
- 8 player network and 2 player modem support.
- Fully digital music and sound effects (up to 44 KHz--real CD quality!).
- Many, many secret cheats.
- Enemy ships cast translucent shadows, bank, roll, do loops, make suicide runs and more.
- 70+ Megs of 3D rendered, full-motion, eye-candy cinematics.
- Special Pentium mode to improve textured graphics.
- BONUS PLANET! Discover the secret planet!
- FREE! Several cool shareware games included.
- Supports modem, serial cable, and network multiplayer games.
- Network games up to 8 players!
- Each player can select a different ship to pilot.
- RemoteRidicule allows players to send digitized voice messages to other players.
- Play multiplayer games in special Comm-bat levels, which are specifically designed for fun multiplayer games.
486DX computer, 4 meg of free memory, VGA graphics card
- At least 8 megs of memory
- VGA card with local bus video
- 8 megs of memory is required for SVGA modes
- Up to 24 megs of memory required for Hi-res modes
- Pentium recommended for SVGA (and higher) modes
SUPPORTED GAME INPUT DEVICES
- Joystick with throttle
- Gravis GamePad
SUPPORTED SOUND CARDS
- Sound Blaster
- Sound Blaster Pro
- Sound Blaster 16
- 100% Compatible Sound Blaster Clone
- Pro Audio Spectrum 8/16
- Gravis UltraSound (with UltraMID)