"Waterloo MacJANET," a local area network developed by the University of Waterloo for the Apple Macintosh computer, provides an environment appropriate for developing students' computer-related skills, minimizing both the human and the computing resources needed to support such courses. The system also serves as an efficient distributor of a variety of computer files to large numbers of students while providing security and copyright protection. The files contained in the system include application software; course data files; sample programs and data; and files for exercises, assignments, and quizzes. The MacJANET system for these files was specifically designed to alleviate administrative and management problems while furthering the effectiveness of the Macintosh as a teaching tool. The system, which has been found to provide benefits to users, teachers, and administrators, was used by over 1,500 computer literacy course students in its first year.
- ftp://ftp.atlas.altexxa.net/software/mac/net/WaterlooMacJANETDisks_v5.0.hqx - version 5.0
- ftp://ftp.atlas.altexxa.net/software/mac/net/MacJanetAdminSupport.hqx - version 4.x
- ftp://ftp.atlas.altexxa.net/software/mac/net/MacJanetAgentsSupport.hqx - version 4.x
- ftp://ftp.atlas.altexxa.net/software/mac/net/MacJanetMailMsgSupport.hqx - version 4.x
- ftp://ftp.atlas.altexxa.net/software/mac/net/MacJanetServerSupport.hqx - version 4.x
- ftp://ftp.atlas.altexxa.net/software/mac/net/MacJanetWorkstationSupport.hqx - version 4.x
Share your opinion