Silicon Graphics takes authoring for the World Wide Web into a new realm of possibilities with WebMagic(TM). No longer do you need to invest valuable time learning HyperText Markup Language (HTML), the difficult language of the Web. WebMagic Pro, part of the WebFORCE(TM) software environment, is a powerful editor that makes creating professional media-rich World Wide Web pages easy.
Intuitive Interface Makes Editing Easy
WebMagic has an intuitive graphical user interface to produce HTML. As you type text in a WYSIWYG interface, an HTML document is created automatically. This lets you focus on the content of your Web documents without having to edit awkward HTML language tags. For convenience, WebMagic includes a set of predefined templates to quickly create home pages, a company page, or a product page.
Standards and Beyond
WebMagic supports standard HTML 2.0, including lists, inline images, and entry of international characters. It also supports "unknown tags," making it easy to import legacy documents as well as edit outside the HTML 2.0 standards. Web pages created with WebMagic are viewable with any Web viewer supporting HTML 2.0 with the Netscape Navigator 1.1 as the target viewer.
All the Support You Need
A comprehensive on-line tutorial allows you to become a Web publisher in minutes by walking you through the Web page creation process. Extensive on-line help is just a mouse-click away.
Professional Features Abound with WebMagic Pro.
WebMagic Pro features are license enabled Professional tools. These tools include the ability to create WYSIWYG FORMS. Create intricate ISMAPs with the point and click image map editor. Add color to your page with the Background and Text Colors Editor. Utilize the same tool to place an image as a texture behind your text. Import Tables with the Table conversion tool with content from your favorite spreadsheet.
WebMagic and WebMagic Pro explained
WebMagic is part of the Indigo Magic User Environment and is bundled on all Silicon Graphics computers. WebMagic Pro is part of the WebFORCE product line. WebMagic Pro Features are license enabled tools. This license is available from Silicon Graphics as a stand alone product, and is bundled as part of the WebFORCE Professional Authoring bundles.
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) HTML authoring tool
- Drag-and-drop of icons from the Indigo Magic(tm) desktop
- Insert inline images
- Create hyperlinks to HTML, VRML, audio, video, images, and other file types.
- Inline image support for JPEG, GIF, XBM, and XPM image file formats
- Word processing features
- Selection of word, line, paragraph, and page by mouse click
- Search and replace
- Multilevel undo
- HTML 2.0 compliant
- Supports Netscape(tm) estended HTML tags including text colors, backgrounds, and center
- Multiple document edit including cut and paste between documents
- Preview in separate browser
- Insert files
- legacy and new HTML documents
- text files
- GIF and JPEG images
- RTF files
- Image map creation for ISMAP
- Support for creating FORMS
- Background Editor (color/image)
- Text color editor
- Table Insertion (non WYSIWYG)