Gravis UltraSound Plug & Play
The UltraSound Plug & Play sound card makes use of the highly-integrated Interwave chip developed by Advanced Micro Devices. The Interwave chip was developed as the result of a joint venture between Gravis and AMD utilizing Advanced Gravis' UltraSound audio technology. The Interwave chip is the first to provide integration of the MPC-3 multimedia requirements. This integrated technology allows Gravis to deliver more honest reproduction of sound and reduce the card's cost without sacrificing the quality of the other components.
- Easy Windows 95 Plug & Play Setup.
- Full Duplex-simultaneous record and playback for Internet applications and more.
- 32-voice General MIDI wavetable sound card.
- Hardware mixing of 32 channels for dynamic digital effects.
- Compatible with every Windows 95 application.
- Expandable! Add up to 8 MB RAM for custom sounds and stunning effects processing. (Pro Version comes with 512K RAM built-in.)
Superior Sound Specs
- AMD Interwave GFA1 DDSP chip
- 32-voice wavetable synthesizer
- 32 channels for digital effects
- Beyond CD-quality recording and playback at 16-bit, 48 KHz
- Hardware mixing so you won't sacrifice game performance for good music
- 4:1 ADPCM, A-law, and æ-law compression
- Slots for up to 8 MB of RAM memory
- Line In, Line Out, Mono Mic In, Atapi Enhanced IDE CD-ROM interface, CD audio, and Joystick/MPU 401 UART-compatible MIDI connectors
- 20 Hz to 20 KHz ñ 3dB line output frequency response
- <0.05% total harmonic distortion with an input of dbm li>>80dB signal to noise ratio (line in to line out)
|Hardware Required||IBM 486 SX-33 or better, Hard Drive (30MB free), CD-ROM|
|Onboard Memory||1MB of ROM (expandable to 8MB of RAM)|
|System Required||DOS 5.0 or greater - Microsoft compatible mouse - VGA and Windows™ '95 recommended - 16-bit bus slot|
|Digital Audio||8- and 16-bit|
|Digital Stereo Channels:||16|
|Digital Recording||8- or 16-bit (stereo)|
|Variable Sample Rates||2 to 48 KHz|
|MIDI Support||Industry standard (MPU401-6850 UART)- 192 General MIDI patches included|
|MIDI Connectors||In, Out, Through with optional MIDI Adapter|
|Card Connectors||15-pin joystick & MIDI connector - 3 jacks for audio line out, audio line in and microphone in internal CD-audio line in - IDE CD-ROM Interface|