Hercules Terminator 3D
- 2D/3D S3 ViRGE graphics & multimedia engine.
- 2MB (upgradeable) or 4 MB single-cycle EDO configuration.
- Fast DOS games performance.
- Fast DirectX support (DirectDraw/ DirectVideo/ Direct 3D) for 2D/3D and video applications.
- Includes Game CD "Descent II: Destination Quartzon 3D"
- Hardware accelerated video playback, color space conversion, scaling and filtering.
- Accelerates playback of DirectDraw and DirectVideo compatible CODECs including MPEG-1, Indeo Video Interactive, Cinepak, TrueMotion-S and QuickTime
- VESA DPMS, DDC 1, DDC 2B support for Plug-and-Play operation.
- Optional MPEG-1 decompression daughtercard model
4MB High Performance at Affordable Cost
The Terminator 3D is a breakthrough in high performance 2D/3D graphics and multimedia technology. Compared with more expensive VRAM boards, the Terminator 3D offers powerful 2D graphics performance for Windows 95, dramatically improved video playback quality, plus 3D acceleration. The base configuration has 2MB of fast, single-cycle EDO DRAM upgradeable to 4MB. The higher performance version comes with 4MB.
2D/3D and Video Acceleration plus Optional Hardware MPEG
The Terminator 3D enhances a wide variety of demanding applications by integrating 2D and 3D acceleration plus accelerated, full screen/full motion video with software MPEG-1 onto a single, Microsoft plug-and-play compatible board. Software ranging from Windows 95 office applications to professional graphics, CAD, rendering and 2D/3D world wide web surfing are enhanced and accelerated. In addition, the Terminator 3D is upgradeable with a hardware MPEG-1 module that supports VideoCD.
Outperforms many VRAM and 128-Bit Accelerators
The Terminator 3D is based on the S3 ViRGE 2D/3D graphics processor. With Hercules’ high performance hardware design, and Power Drive drivers for Windows 95, your system will see great performance advantages especially when running Microsoft DirectDraw, DirectVideo and Direct3D. Hercules’ innovative implementation of the latest hardware and software technologies provides top scores in both Winbench and Winstone, outperforming more expensive VRAM solutions and popular 128-bit accelerator cards.
Complete 3D Support
In addition to being among the fastest 2D accelerators, the Terminator 3D is fully Microsoft Direct3D compatible and supports a complete set of accelerated 3D functions and 3D special effects in hardware, such as video texture mapping, MIP mapping with trilinear filtering, cueing depth and fogging, alpha blending, Z-buffering, flat shading and Gouraud shading. See our quick course in 3D terminology for more information!
- 64-bit S3 ViRGE 3D, graphics and multimedia engine
- Full SuperVGA support - a one-card solution. VESA BIOS extensions in ROM.
- Refresh rates of up to 120Hz
- 2MB single-cycle EDO DRAM display memory and Z-buffer storage
- PCI Bus
- Multimedia expansion port for connecting optional TMPEG2000 MPEG-1 decompression daughtercard
- VESA DPMS, DDC 1, DDC 2B for Plug-and-Play support
* Refresh rates listed are the maximum values that can be achieved with monitors operating at
compatible horizontal frequencies. Resolution, pixel depth and refresh rates are driver
dependent and may not be available in all applications or operating systems.
** Only available on 4MB models