Macintosh Performa 6200CD
The Apple Macintosh Performa 6200CD computer brings multimedia to life in a modular system that’s easy to set up. And with its PowerPC processor-based technology, it offers high performance now, yet can grow with your multimedia and general computing needs for years to come.
Packed in one box are the computer (with Apple’s System 7.5 operating software already loaded), a color display, a keyboard, and a mouse. In addition, the Performa 6200CD comes with a variety of home, education, and home-business programs, plus CD multimedia titles— just a sampling of the thousands of Macintosh applications the computer can run.
This affordable system includes features that are expensive add-ons with other computers. A quadruple-speed CD-ROM drive accesses CD-based data quickly. Stereo 16-bit sound provides high-quality play- back from audio CDs. An audio-input port lets you record your own sounds. An internal 14.4-kilobits-per-second data and electronic fax modem with full-duplex speakerphone and digital answering machine allows you to communicate in new ways.
Every Performa 6200CD system also offers advanced multimedia expansion options. With a video-in card, you can connect to an external video source, such as a VCR or camcorder, to capture video images and use them in your Macintosh applications. A video-out interface box lets you connect the computer to a large-screen TV for presentations. And the optional internal TV tuner shows television channels in a window on your computer’s display.
The eWorld on-line service option has been replaced by America Online. 6200CD customers can open the bundled eWorld application and connect via the modem to a server where they can download or order the America Online software.
Complete, ready-to-use system
- Computer, color display, keyboard, mouse, and all necessary cables in one box
- Apple System 7.5 software, including Apple Guide software (for step-by-step help with basic system operation), QuickTime software and Macintosh PC Exchange software
- Internal 14.4 Kbps data and electronic fax modem with speakerphone and digital answering machine
- Built-in quadruple-speed, tray-loading CD-ROM player
- Front-panel volume control and headphone/ speaker jack
- CD-quality digital sound
Software titles included
- MacLinkPlus/Easy Open Translators
- At Ease
- The Writing Center
- The American Heritage Dictionary
- Mangia Special Edition
- Fine Artist
- Click Art Performa Collection
- MacGallery Clip Art Treasure Pak
- Widget Workshop
- Power Pete
- EPIE’s Guide to MAC Home Learning Software
CD-ROM titles included
- The 1995 Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
- 3D Atlas
- The Family Doctor
- Smithsonian’s America
- Club KidSoft CD
- Thinkin’ Things Collection 2
- My First Incredible, Amazing Dictionary
- Professor Piccolo from Opcode
- PowerPC 603 RISC processor running at 75 MHz
- Integrated floating-point unit
- 16K internal cache
- 256K Level-2 cache
- Comes with 8MB of RAM.
- Can be expanded to up to 64MB of RAM in two DRAM SIMM sockets.
- Uses 72-pin, noncomposite, 80-nanosecond or faster DRAM SIMMs.
- One internal 1GB hard disk drive
- One Apple Internal SuperDrive 1.4MB floppy disk drive that uses high-density floppy disks and reads, writes, and formats Macintosh, Windows, MS-DOS, OS/2, and ProDOS disks
- AppleCD 600i quadruple-speed CD-ROM drive
- Apple Desktop Bus port that supports a keyboard, mouse, and other devices
- Monitor port that also supports connection to an external video-out interface box (NTSC or PAL), such as the Apple Presentation System
- Serial port (RS-232/RS-422) for AppleTalk network connection, other networking or communications equipment, or printer
- SCSI interface port for connecting as many as five external devices (such as disk drives or CD-ROM players)
- LC processor-direct expansion slot, compatible with most Macintosh Performa 400 and 500 series; Performa 630; Macintosh Quadra 605; and Macintosh LC II, LC III, LC 475, LC 550, LC 575, and LC 630 processor-direct cards
- Communications slot supports a 14.4K-bps data/fax/ voice modem
- Video slot to support the Apple Video System (NTSC, PAL, and SECAM)
- Infrared remote receiver and dedicated connector for optional internal Apple TV/Video System (which includes TV tuner)
- Global Village TelePort Gold IIv Internal 14.4K bps data/fax/voice modem
- Built in error correction and compression (MNP4, V.42, MNP5, V.42bis)
- Internet, fax, and telephony software included
- Stereo 16-bit sound capable of driving stereo headphones or other stereo equipment through the sound jack
- One sound-in port
- One sound-out port
- Front headphone jack
- Built-in speaker
- Apple PlainTalk microphone
- Apple displays up to 15 inches (13.3-inch viewable image size) through 1MB DRAM video buffer (independent of system DRAM)
- Wide range of VGA and SVGA displays from other vendors
- 16-bit color for display of up to 32,768 colors on monitors using 640- by 480-pixel resolution
- 8-bit color for display of 256 colors on monitors using 800- by 600-pixel or 832- by 624-pixel resolution
- Line voltage: 110 to 240 volts AC, RMS, single phase, nominal
- Frequency: 50 to 60 Hz
- Power: 55 W maximum
Size and weight
- Height: 4.3 in. (10.95 cm)
- Width: 12.6 in. (32.0 cm)
- Depth: 16.5 in. (41.9 cm)
- Weight: 19 lb. (8.6 kg)
- Operating temperature: 50° to 104° F (10° to 40° C)
- Storage temperature: –40° to 116° F (–40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95%, noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: 10,000 ft. (3,048 m)
- CloseView software magnifies screen image up to 16 times.
- Easy Access software permits combination keys to be pressed sequentially and enables cursor control from the numeric keypad instead of the mouse.
- “Visual beep” capability for system alerts.
Apple Multiple Scan 15 Display
- 15-inch diagonal RGB color display (13.3-inch- diagonal viewable image size)
- Up to 832 by 624 pixels at 75 Hz
- 0.28-mm dot pitch
- Meets the strictest international magnetic-field emissions requirements (SWEDAC MPR2).
- Height: 16.7 in. (42.4 cm)
- Width: 15.9 in. (40.5 cm)
- Depth: 17.8 in. (45.2 cm)
- Weight: 31.0 lb. (14 kg)
- Adjustable keyboard slope
- Includes function keys, numeric keypad, cursor arrow keys, and special screen-editing keys.
Apple Desktop Bus Mouse II
- Round shape fits contour of the palm of the hand.
- Large button allows easy clicking and dragging.