Macintosh Quadra 605 Productivity Solution
Apple presents a complete, affordable productivity solution for small- and medium-sized businesses, as well as for home businesses.
This solution includes the economical yet powerful Macintosh Quadra 605 as well as over $800 in preinstalled business and productivity software.
This software includes ClarisWorks from Claris, the number-one integrated software package for Macintosh computers that includes word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, painting, and presentation capabilities all in one program.
Quicken from Intuit is also part of the solution. This financial software helps you organize payables and receivables and produce income statements, balance sheets, and cash-flow statements easily.
There’s Full Contact from Fit, software that helps schedule your activities and meetings as well as manage your business contacts. It even includes a word processor.
Next you’ll find Astound! from Gold Disk, which is an easy-to-use presentation program that helps you create animated and interactive presentations as well as slides and handouts using graphics, sound, and video.
You get the American Heritage Dictionary to help track down elusive words and phrases and find information fast.
There’s FileDuo from ASD, which makes backups of your files, folders, or hard disks automatically and simply on another hard drive.
You get Common Ground from No Hands Software, which makes it easy to open, read, and print formatted documents created with any Macintosh or PC-compatible computer– even if you don’t have the programs or fonts.
And Working Watermarker from Working Software is a utility program that allows you to place words or graphics in the back-ground of any document you print. It comes with a selection of predesigned samples.
The Macintosh Quadra 605 Productivity Solution contains the most afford-able Macintosh Quadra computer and just about every software tool that a small business needs. All at a combined price that just about every small business can afford.
Macintosh Quadra 605
- Uses 25-MHz 680LC40 microprocessor
- Comes with 4MB or 8MB of RAM, expandable to 36MB
- Includes 160MB or 250MB hard disk drive
- Works with all Apple and many third-party displays supporting 256 colors
- Supports most Macintosh LC II, LC III, and LC 520 expansion cards
- Runs thousands of Macintosh applications
- Easy to set up, learn, use, and expand
- Reads, writes, and formats Macintosh, MS-DOS, OS/2, and ProDOS floppy disks
- Can be upgraded to the PowerPC microprocessor
- Integrated software combines word processor, spreadsheet, database, graphics, painting, and presentation capabilities
Quicken from Intuit
- Business and personal finance-tracking software that helps you control your money
Full Contact from Fit
- Contact management, scheduling, and word processing in one program
Astound! from Gold Disk
- Presentation software that combines sound, video, animated charts, and QuickTime movies
American Heritage Dictionary from SoftKey International
- Reference software tool that includes dictionary and an electronic thesaurus you can use together
FileDuo from ASD
- Automatic file, folder, and hard disk backup software
Common Ground from No Hands
- Software that displays and prints a document no matter what computer program it was created in
- Utility software that puts graphics or words behind any document when it’s printed
- MC68LC040, running at 25-MHz clock speed
- Comes with 4MB of RAM on board
- Can be expanded to up to 36MB of RAM with a 72-pin SIMM (dealer installation required)
- One built-in Apple SuperDrive 1.4MB floppy disk drive
- One internal 160MB or 250MB hard disk
- Supports all Apple displays
- Works with a wide range of third-party displays, including some 19-in.,VGA, SVGA, NTSC, and PAL monitors
Video RAM (VRAM)
- 512K standard
- Expandable to 1MB
Color depth support
- Standard 8-bit color for display of 256 colors on monitors up to 16 in.
- 16-bit color with additional 512K of VRAM; permits display of thousands of colors on monitors up to 16 in.
- Apple Desktop Bus (ADB) port for a keyboard, mouse, and other devices
- SCSI interface for connecting up to six external peripheral devices
- Two serial (RS-232/RS-422) ports
- Video port for color and monochrome displays of various sizes and resolutions
- Sound-output port (stereo) for external amplifier or headphones
- Sound-input port for stereo sound input
- Slot for most expansion cards that are compatible with Macintosh LC II, LC III, and LC 520 processor-direct slots
- Serial port for AppleTalk
- Built-in speaker
- Stereo 8-bit sound that is capable of driving stereo headphones or other stereo equipment through the sound jack
- 8-bit analog-to-digital monophonic recording
- Sample rates: 11 or 22 kHz
Keyboard and mouse
- Several ADB keyboards with numeric keypads available (sold separately)
- Apple Desktop Bus Mouse II
- Custom integrated circuit with long-life lithium battery
- CloseView, Easy Access, and visible beep included with system software. These built-in solutions and third-party options provide alternative input and output devices for people with disabilities.
- Line voltage: 90 to 240 volts AC, RMS single phase, automatically configured
- Frequency: 50 to 60 Hz
- Power: 30 W maximum, not including display power
- EPA Energy Star compliant
ADB power requirements
- Maximum current draw for all ADB devices: 200 mA (three ADB devices maximum recommended)
- Mouse draws 80 mA
- Keyboard draws 25 to 80 mA (depending on the model used)
Size and weight
- Height: 2.9 in. (7.4 cm)
- Width: 12.2 in. (31.0 cm)
- Depth: 15.3 in. (38.8 cm)
- Weight: 8.8 lbs (4.0 kg) (varies based on internal devices installed)
- Operating temperature: 50° to 104° F (10° to 40° C)
- Storage temperature: –40° to 116.6° F (–40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 20% to 80% noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: 10,000 ft. (3,048 m)