Welcome to the Higher Intellect Wiki! We focus on vintage/retro computing subjects along with general knowledge related to the preterhuman.net text archive. The purpose of this site is to allow users to contribute their own written work, showcase documentation about the Internet of yesterday, provide information regarding digital libraries and more. Please see the available primary article categories below for an idea of what you'll find in our wiki. If you have any questions or comments, please contact admin[at]preterhuman.net.
Vintage Computing Areas
- Category:Digital libraries
- Category for articles discussing online digital libraries such as the Higher Intellect project.
- Biography pages for people playing an important role in the preservation of knowledge and distribution of content on the Internet.
- Use this category to find user submitted essays. This category will include both user created submissions as well as content from other authors.
- For all pages related to the Hotline Client/Server/Tracker software originally created by Hotline Communications.
- For all pages related to the Carracho Client/Server/Tracker software for Macintosh.
- For all pages related to the KDX Client/Server/Tracker software originally created by Haxial.
- For manuals and various information about SGI (Silicon Graphics) hardware and software.
- For articles related to Apple Computer products.
- This category will contain all computing related articles including those matching other specific categories.
- This is for misc wiki articles which don't necessarily fall into one of the previous categories.
- Any articles related to world governments. These will focus on pre-2000 era documents.
- Any topics related to telephony including cellular and general telcom.
- Articles for software titles, generally from the 80s and 90s.
- Wiki pages set up specifically for companies related to 80s and 90s computing.
What To Expect
The goal of the Higher Intellect wiki is to allow for user contributed materials to be published online and allowing for the original author to make changes as required. Certain materials may also qualify for inclusion into the main Higher Intellect archive at the request and permission of the original author. New pages must follow wiki formatting and linking rules as seen in the Mediawiki manual for Wikitext and Advanced editing.
There is no anonymous wiki editing permitted, and user accounts are only created should the request pass our validation checks. All wiki edits/uploads are subject to moderation pending review by an administrator (within 24 hours in most cases).
- Submitted pages must not contain any obscene content.
- Articles which are not the original work of the submitter should reference the original content location.
- Vandalism/unauthorized page modification will result in a ban from this site.
- Publishing works for multi-user collaboration.
- Uploading public domain content.
- Publishing archived content where the original website has been lost to time.
- Linking to other articles offsite where the content directly benefits our wiki page.
- Publishing unique content from members of the vintage computing community.