Riverstone RS 8000
Modular layer 3 switch from Riverstone Networks.
The RS 8000 and 8600 are high-performance, versatile metro routers. They combine powerful service creation abilities with support for the wide range of technologies that are deployed in the metro. As MPLS Provider Edge routers, they bring the scalability and reliability of MPLS-based service delivery for providers. Using VPLS, converged services with VoIP, Internet Access, Video and multipoint VPNs can be provided, over existing production networks and Ethernet infrastructure. These services can be backed by service level agreements which can be delivered from end-to-end through strict quality of service at the edge and traffic engineering through the core.
The versatility of the RS 8000 and 8600 is their ability to support the same advanced services over Ethernet, ATM, TDM and SONET/SDH networks. This allows service providers to continue utilizing their existing production networks and increase the returns from them. They are NEBS/ETSI compliant platforms with the redundancy support required for high-availability networks.
- Provide scalable converged services across the metro with a VPLS based Ethernet infrastructure
- Leverage existing investments in ATM networks through ATM-Ethernet interworking to provide the same services across the entire network
- Rapidly deploy Voice-over-IP networks that offer high-availability and stringent quality of service
- Utilize production SONET networks to aggregate Ethernet traffic across the metro
- Up to 4,096 VLANs
- Up to 250,000 routes
- Up to 20,000 security/access control filters
- MTBF (predicted) > 200,000 hrs
- Up to 3,500,000 Layer 2 MAC addresses
- 16,700,000 packets per second routing throughput
- 16 Gbps non-blocking switch fabric
- 8 Slots
- Up to 7,500,000 Layer 2 MAC addresses
- 35,700,000 packets per second routing throughput
- 32 Gbps non-blocking switch fabric
- 16 Slots