|Please consider a donation to the Higher Intellect project. See https://preterhuman.net/donate.php or the Donate to Higher Intellect page for more info.|
Sequential Systems MegaBUFF
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The MegaBUFF card is a high performance, network compatible internal print buffer for the Apple ImageWriter II and LQ printers.
The MegaBUFF card can hold a full megabyte of RAM, making it suitable for use with graphics-intensive Apple IIgs and Macintosh and applications.
The MegaBUFF supports serial communications speeds up to 57,600 bps, comes with a high speed printer driver for the Macintosh, and is LocalTalk compatible!
In networking mode, MegaBUFF can accept up to four incoming print jobs at once - it makes your ImageWriter II or LQ look like four printers!
With its easy installation and high speed, MegaBUFF is the perfect way to enhance your ImageWriter II or ImageWriter LQ.
- Up to 57600 baud communications for super-high-speed data transfer
- 1MB of buffer memory helps free your computer from the drudgery of waiting on your printer, without using background time that makes your computer hard to use.
- Comes with "MegaWriter" driver software for the Macintosh, which shows the status of MegaBUFF memory as you print.
- Also comes with "SpeedPort" high-speed driver software for the Apple IIGS.
- Up to four incoming print jobs at the same time - makes one printer act like four!
- Easily maintain a number of MegaBUFF-enhanced printers on the same network with the easy to use "Namer" software.
- Fully compatible with Apple's AppleShare Printer Server software.
- Works with PhoneTalk connectors (and all other network node-box connectors).
- Compatible with the Asante EtherPrint and similar products.