|Please consider a donation to the Higher Intellect project. See https://preterhuman.net/donate.php or the Donate to Higher Intellect page for more info.|
Tandy 1000 HD
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Tandy 1000 HD, model 25-1001A, was a PC Compatible based on the intel 8088 Microprocessor released in 1985. It's basically a Tandy 1000A with a Hard Drive installed into a special spot just above the motherboard on the bottom of the drive cage. Otherwise it's identical to the Tandy 1000A in every way.
the Tandy 1000 HD was basically a Tandy 1000A with a hard disk installed on the bottom of the internal drive cage. This drive was a regular ST-506/412 (MFM/RLL) HDD in 10 or 20MB Capacities and seems to be a smaller form factor than the usual 5.25" half height and full height drives of the day.
- 65 Watt Proprietary Power Supply (same as 1000 & 1000A)
- Intel 8088 CPU @ 4.77MHz
- Support for 8087 Math Co-Processor
- 256K RAM on motherboard, up to 640K using RAM expansion Board
- 1x or 2x 360K DSDD 5.25" black panel TEAC Floppy Drives, Half Height
- 10 or 20MB MFM/RLL HDD w/ ST-506/412 interface & ISA Expansion Card
- 16-Color TGA PC Jr. Compatible Video
- 3-voice PC Jr. Compatible Sound
- MS-DOS 2.11 for the Tandy 1000HD & Deskmate Bundled