Founded in 1986, TechWorks has become a leading manufacturer of add-on performance products for personal computers, laser printers, and workstations. Our rapid growth to annual revenues exceeding $100M in just 9 years has earned us recognition by Inc. Magazine on three separate occasions as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in America. TechWorks' success can be attributed to our uncompromising commitment to quality, speed to market and Outrageous Customer Service. All this and our complete commitment to the customer will ensure TechWorks' continued growth in the future.
The cornerstone of TechWorks' product line is our add-on memory upgrades for today's most popular computers and laser printers. We offer a complete line of upgrades for a wide variety of computers, including Acer, ALR, Apple, AST, AT&T, Compaq, Dell, Digital, Epson, Gateway, Hewlett Packard, IBM, NEC, Packard Bell, Silicon Graphics, Sun, Texas Instruments, Toshiba, and Zenith.
In the rapidly changing memory market, you need solutions fast. TechWorks has sold over four million memory upgrades, and has the design and manufacturing expertise in-house to bring the latest technology to your desktop. Our engineers are some of the most experienced in the industry, designing reliability and manufacturability into the product right from the beginning. SIMM, DIMM and PCMCIA technologies are all part of our continually growing memory product line.
- 1998 - Yoshio Takahara named TechWorks President and CEO.
- 1997 - Melco partners with TechWorks to become one of the largest third party memory manufacturers worldwide.
- 1997 - Opened manufacturing facility in Ireland. Six Sigma qualified by Motorola.
- 1995 - Opened Hong Kong office.
- 1994 - Became certified contract manufacturer for Apple Computer.
- 1993 - Became approved subcontractor for Motorola.
- 1992 - Expanded to Europe with the purchase of a UK Co. and ranked #9 on INC. Magazine's Top 500 Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies.
- 1991 - President Mike Frost names Entrepreneur of the Year by Eanst & Young. Ranked #4 on INC. Magazine's Top 500 Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies. Entered retail channel.
- 1990 - Ranked #34 on INC. Magazine's Top 500 Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies.
- 1989 - First memory manufacturer to offer an installation kit.
- 1988 - Emphasis shift to engineering and selling after market memory modules.
- 1987 - First memory manufacturer to offer a lifetime warranty.
- 1986 - October, TechWorks founded.